14 days and 13 nights
We are now accepting bookings for September 2014!
Click here to BOOK a Culinary Tour to Greece NOW – Limited seats available!
QANTAS: Q Radio – Up and Away
Listen to Maria Benardis discussing her Greek Culinary Tour adventures with Julie McCrossin.
Guests from outside Australia are also welcome to join the Culinary Tour to Greece. Watch our Greekalicious videos on YouTube.
Join me, Maria Benardis for the ultimate culinary tour to Greece. We travel back in time and visit places where food and Gastronomy – an Ancient Greek word signifying the relationship between food and the senses, all began. Familiar with the rich azure blue and white images of the Greek Islands? Now, match the food to the imagery, with my exclusive exploration of authentic Greek dishes and local ingredients.
Live life as the Greeks; with freshly caught seafood enjoyed by the crystal blue waters of the Ancient Mediterranean Sea. Investigate and indulge in “true to the source” regional cuisine and wine, only available in Greece.
Experience a journey of luxurious culinary indulgence, traditional Greek culture and Mediterranean lifestyle, as only a local would. The journey will help you reconnect with nature, old traditions, customs and yourself.
Designed for lovers of food and cooking enthusiasts, our adventure will uncover the secrets of Greek cuisine and joys of cooking delicious local food; in fun, relaxed and friendly places. The ultimate way to de-stress.
The expedition will commence in Athens, where we go back in time to experience the ritual of shopping at the agora (the marketplace), uncovering all the essential ingredients of a Greek pantry. A visit to the Parthenon temple built on the mountain of Acropolis for the Greek goddess Athena, and other ancient and fascinating archaeological sites, also await.
Then to Chios, island home of the magical masticha – the clear crystal chewing gum used in Greek cuisine, which only grows in this special place. Indulge in the ritual of ouzo making and traditional spoon sweets; and view the huge variety of products made from masticha – revered in Greece for its healing properties. Investigate local produce and indulge in the freshest cuisine.
Next to mystical Crete (Iraklio and Chania), home to the superior Minoan civilization and organic farming, where we explore foods with mythical and magical powers. Discover why the Cretan cuisine endows its people with longevity and sound health. Explore wineries and a monastery that makes the finest organic wine, olive oil and vinegar. We visit one of the largest organic farms in Greece, where we will cook using these freshest ingredients. Learn how tsikoudia, wine and olive oil are made – the traditional way, and we visit a friend who is the last surviving producer of the most amazing hand-made filo pastry – a soon to be lost art; and delectable baklava.
In Kalamata home of sfela cheese, the “Greek salad”, and so much more; we will see why Kalamata olives and pastelli sweets are the best in the world! And if you’re adventurous, dance the “Kalamatiano” – the local dance, with me. On the way to Kalamata visit the famous Ancient City of Corinth and rest in stunning seaside places such as Koroni in Messenia, renowned for its beautiful fortress, port and food.
Experience all this and so much more on a Greekalicious unique journey of gastronomical indulgence.
Our culinary tour package includes:
- Greek tradition & luxury
- Culinary and cultural pleasure you will not find or experience anywhere in Australia
- A visit to some luxury hotels serving only organically grown produce and unique experiences not offered by other culinary tour providers in Greece
- Complimented by plenty of “free-time” for your maximum relaxation and enjoyment
I hope you can join me for this amazing culinary tour experience and look forward to seeing you there!
Fresh Hotel www.freshhotel.gr
Chandris Hotel www.chandris.gr
|Day||Destination - Click on the links to visit Official Greek Tourism sites|
|Day 1-2||Athens Tour of Athens, the market place, Greek music and folklore show and more. Accommodation at the designer Fresh Hotel.|
|Day 3||Fly to Chios Tour of the Masticha towns of Armolia, Pyrgi, Mesta, Emporios and more. Accommodation at the luxury Chandris Hotel.|
|Day 4||Chios. Hands-on cooking class on a private estate and organic farm in Kambos, spoon sweet making and tasting.|
|Day 5||Chios. Visit to a winery in Volissos to make wine and country bread the traditional way and more.|
|Day 6||Plane to Crete Accommodation at the Astoria Capsis.|
|Day 7||Visit to the Palace of Knossos and archaeological museum followed by a visit to a local winery for wine tasting and meze. Visit to the local markets, bougatsa making, and more.|
|Day 8||Iraklio, Crete. Visit to the local markets, bougatsa making, and more.|
|Day 9||Coach to Chania - Crete. Wine and olive oil making at a local monastery with the monks, visit of Rethymno, traditional baklava making, and more. Accommodation at the Porto Veneziano|
|Day 10||Chania, Crete. Local market and tasting tour. A visit to one of the largest organic farms for a cooking class, tsipouro making, wine and olive oil making and dinner.|
|Day 11||Plane from Chania, Crete to Athens then coach to Kalamata stop Ancient Corinth.|
|Day 12||Kalamata. Tour of the local museum, walking tour of Kalamata and the local growers markets, indulging in the sweets at the infamous local cake shop, discover how to make the local lalagia and pastelli and more. Visit the nuns who make the famous silk scarves used to dance the “Kalamatiano”. Accommodation at the luxury Filoxenia Hotel.|
|Day 13||Kalamata, visits to Pylos and Koroni.|
|Day 14||Kalamata. Departure by bus for Athens airport. End of the services.|
Please see below a map of the places we visit on the Greekalicious Culinary Tour.
Click on the following links for general travel information about Greece.
Culinary Tour of Greece
- Twin share: $7,950.00 per person (2012 price guide only)
- Single supplement: $960.00 (2012 price guide only)
- Return airfares: Athens/Greece start from $2,270.00 (including taxes– 2012 price guide only)
Deposits due by: TBC 2014 Full payment due by: TBC 2014
Please note: Prices for airfares are subject to availability and how far in advance you book.
The culinary tour itinerary includes:
- 13 Breakfasts
- 8 Lunches
- 5 dinners
The tour includes:
- jet cat travel
- accommodation within Greece
- coach travel and local guides
- entrance fees
- chef and cooking class charges
- experienced local English speaking guides in each place we visit
- all activities incorporated in the schedule including some additional food component and some alcoholic beverages for certain set activities which will be clearly outlined during the tour
The tour does not include:
- incidentals charged to your accommodation account for laundry, phone calls, baggage handling
- any other associated costs for activities, extra meals, tips etc you undertake in your free time
- your airfares to and from Australia, associated taxes, excess baggage and travel insurance
It is each individual’s responsibility to purchase their own return ticket to Greece and to join the tour in Athens on the commencement date.
Please arrive at least 1-2 days before the commencement of the tour.
- A non-refundable deposit of $1,000.00 AUD per person is required to secure your reservation. Final payments must be made 60 days prior to departure
- All prices are current to date. If there is an unexpected and unusual increase in the price of services provided which is beyond our control then we reserve the right to adjust our prices. Notification will be provided in writing. The price quoted on this web site is for the September 2010 tour only
- If final payment is made a cancellation fee of 100% will be applicable if cancelled on or after each specified due date. Your travel insurance may cover you for this. Please refer to your individual travel insurance
- The prices quoted on this web site are for payment by cash, cheque only. Credit card payments may incur an additional surcharge fee
- No transfers can be made from this tour to another tour
- Please note that if you get motion sickness it is crucial that you bring with you motion sickness pills as we will be traveling by coach and boat
- Please also note that Greekalicious services in conjunction with the travel agent consist of organizing and co-ordinating the accommodation, tours and transfers, making bookings. We take extreme care to ensure that we have selected creditable tour operators, airlines etc. We are not responsible for any liability in respect of death, personal injury, delay and loss or damage of baggage and other associated occurrences beyond our control
To book a Culinary Tour to Greece please contact:
Jetaround Holidays Zaia Andrew Bazi Tel: (02) 9233 5644 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org